Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flexibility Screen Error (Microsoft Forms-Objects Could Not Load)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffOrtho

IS-IT--Management
Jan 9, 2013
US
I have a Flexibility Screen trying to load and I'm getting the Microsoft Forms error, "Could not load objects because they are not available on this machine." Is there an OCX or DLL needing to be registered. This only happens on new installs. Macola 9.5

Not sure if this is the same issue, but we had a similar problem when loading the client on 64 bit windows 7 enterprise machines; the client was loaded to c:\program files (x86)... but the the flex code stuff seemed to be pointed to c:\program files in the registry...

We worked around it by following the re-registration steps in knowledge base article 18.377.081, "Flex - Error Can't Create Control Type Library - ES9.5.100 and Higher", except changing the pointers to the x86 folder. Here's the contents of the batch file we created to do it. Note it must be run as administrator on windows 7, and on some machines it seems important to run the Macola Client ONCE as administrator before running as the user. (which the article says you must do, but we don't understand why...)

del /Q "c:\ProgramData\Exact Software\ApcConnLib\*.*"
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Exact Software\Bin\Macole.DLL"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Exact Software\Bin\APCConn.EXE" /Regserver

Shawn.

Appreciate the thought but i have installed this on a 32bit XP machine and i'm getting this error.

Jeff,

Please see my reply to your other thread. Open up the Flex code and see if any references are noted as "missing".

Software Training, Implementation, Programming and Support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back