Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash's showall in <table> (IE vs Netscape)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Could anyone help me?

I have <table> - width=20% and height=100%.

In this table I insert flash object with parameter showall and width=100% and height=100%.

In IE works OK. When I resize the window, flash object resizes as well, but in Netscape is flash object allways the same (very small, not even same size like I made it in flash).

Someone knows anything about this problem?

TNX

That is a problem with NS You need to add a JS script
to reload the page.
This is how Dreamweaver handles this

<!--
function MM_reloadPage(init) { //reloads the window if Nav4 resized
if (init==true) with (navigator) {if ((appName==&quot;Netscape&quot;)&&(parseInt(appVersion)==4)) {
document.MM_pgW=innerWidth; document.MM_pgH=innerHeight; onresize=MM_reloadPage; }}
else if (innerWidth!=document.MM_pgW || innerHeight!=document.MM_pgH) location.reload();
}
MM_reloadPage(true);
// -->

Tnx for sugestion, but this is not solution. Problem is not after resizing the window, but also when I first time load the page. Flash's showall export function work ok when flash object isn't in <table> or is in <table> and have fixed dimension.

Any clue? TNX

I've never gotten NS to work when using % scaling within a table. Since I don't use (or recommend % scaling anymore), I've had no problem since. Regards,

new.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back