Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FlashKit 360 tutorial won't allow buttons...

Status
Not open for further replies.

t5amec

Programmer
Aug 14, 2003
GB
I have downloaded the *.fla file located here (
I have got my picture circling an infinate circle, and have placed a button on the picture which links to the next scene... but when the button is pressed, naff all happens...

is there anyone else here that has:
a) used this tutorial before, and
b) successfully added a button that works...

your help is greatly appreciated, and as a deadline looms, i fear the drinking session i had planned for the next few festive days will have to be put on hold till its cracked!

cheers

Make Sense? I hope so (-:

First add a stop(); action on the first frame of your "main" scene, and label the first frame of your targeted scene with the label "scene2" (or whatever suits you...), and then add your button symbol (invisible or not...) over your picture in the "image" movie clip, to which you'll add the following script...

on (release) {
_level0.gotoAndStop("scene2");
}

Or if you want to use a relative path rather than an absolute one, use...

on (release) {
_parent._parent.gotoAndStop("scene2");
}

You must also set the Publish Settings to publish your movie for the Flash player 5.

Works fine for me!

Regards. Affiliate Program - Web Hosting - Web Design
03/13/05 -> OLDNEWBIE VS FLASHKIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back