Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flashing RED light on DELL Poweredge 2600.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitsu124

MIS
Jul 23, 2004
US
Does anybody know what the flashing red light under the circled "i" right above the removable hard drives stand for?

I had the same problem. Check your power supplies. I had an APC go bad and when I replaced it I guess the one power supply that was plugged into it didn't like it. That is when the red light started to flash, I pulled out the power supply and reset it, then the light went back to blue.

Yeah it's always been a power issue for me to (dead PSU, fan failure on PSU etc.), not sure if other things trigger it though.

I tried the suggestions in this thread but still no blue light special. Currently I have an APC Backup-UPS XS 1500 as my power backup for the Dell Poweredge 2600. It was here before I got this job. I had a feeling it was the UPS that was causing the problem. I know this UPS is not sufficient to handle the server's demand. I'm trying to get the owner to replace this with an appropriate backup system. He's doesn't think this is a big issue and trying to avoid it because of cost. Thank you again for everyone's comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back