Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flashing Bios Goes Through But Does Not Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

arh2o

Technical User
Oct 26, 2003
US
Hi i tried to flash my Soltek K8TPro-939 with the Award bios with the latest version which is dated 12-10-2004 and i created a bios boot disk and flashed it and then removed the disk and pressed F1. Comp restarted and gave me the CMOD Checksum message and i pressed the Del key to enter bios and then "Loaded the optimized defaults" and then saved and exited. Loaded XP, then went to RUN->Typed MSINFO for my sys info -> And on my bios version it still said my old dated version which is 10-15-2004. why didnt it work? i tried flashing it three times already, and it doesnt give me any errors, but when i check the bios version on sys info it has the old dated bios version.

My AMI bios still shows the original number (updated twice through the years) on bootup. If I run "Everest home" (or any other system checker) it shows the new date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back