Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FlashHook to Line on Analog Trunk by VMPro 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeeOK

Technical User
Jan 25, 2004
NZ
Hi Guys

I have a 403 with VM Pro and an Analog Trunk 4. I have transfer service from the Telco and have successfully transferred a call back out on the same line using the short code and then dialing the required number manually.

What I need to achieve is to have this done automatically. The calls are coming into VM Pro answered by a menu with an option that when selected uses the Telcos Transfer function to transfer the call to another site so not to use two lines.

We are going to install a VOIP solution for this but are waiting for the data circuit and need a temporary solution.

Thanks for your help.

Mike

Ahhh yes, centrex transfer. The only solution I've ever seen work for this thus far is to (believe it or not) record the DTMF tones and play them out to the CO as .wav files to acheive your transfer. It boggled my mind when first I heard of this, couldn't imagine it being stable - but it is! Do an assisted transfer to a flashhook shortcode, then link to a generic with the appropriate dtmf .wav files as entry prompts.

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back