Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

flash5 - load external .swf into draggable window

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAINCJ1

Technical User
Mar 30, 2003
GB
Any flash pos out there that can give me a little help.
I understand now that you can only load a .swf into flash 5, what a bummer but hey! I can still do this with a .swf,.
Its getting the .swf to display in my draggable window, inside the 'slide' mc ('slide' mc is my mc placed inside my draggable window mc) thats the problem.

What path do I give the action to locate the .swf and display it within the 'slide' mc which is inside the 'draggable' mc.

Where do I assign the action? - to the 'slide' mc I want to display the .swf in or the .swf thumbnail/button on the main page.
I'd prefer to assign my actions to the thumbnails to display the .swf file inside a draggable window with the .swf loading externally if possible as my site will contain a lot of images and I cant import them into flash as it will make the file size balloon.
I'm really new at flash5 and I would be grateful for a step by step explanation.

Thanks
KAIN

to the thumbnail

on (release){
loadmovie("some.swf",_root.draggable.slide);
}

hi Bill,
tried what you said putting the code in the thumbnail action,but now the 'image1.swf' when loaded replaces everything. I am trying to get the image1.swf to load into a movieclip 'slide' inside a draggable mc 'draggable'. I thought this would be pretty straightforward as I see the effect in a lot of gallerys (thumbnail, click, external image loads into a window in the draggable window.

Any ideas
Thanks KAIN

hi bill
do you have an email I can send it too, dont really want to post it on public server

chrisjay2001@yahoo.co.uk

KAINCJ

Maybe you need to create a blank mc (named "blank" ) and place it inside "slide" mc.. i dont know the structure of your fla but i think it will work..

on (release){
loadmovie("some.swf",_root.draggable.slide.blank);
}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back