Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

flash5 *.fla -> save as flash4 *.fla: is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baad

Programmer
Apr 10, 2001
RU
hie
well, the question is in the subject.. regards, vic

I think when you publish /export the movie there is a drop-down box where you can select Flash 3, 4 or 5. Though some stuff may go wierd if you downgrade it. When freedom is outlawed only outlaws will be free.

no, there is no one (at least i cant find it)
i seeked in "save as", "export"
yes, there is such drop-down box in "publish", but i believe when i do publish my movie i make a swf file that cant be edited in flash4 (my point is 2 make flash5 files 2 be editable in flash4)
have i made it clearer?? regards, vic

Hmm...that publish setting is to make the published .swf viewable by lower player versions but I don't know about importing Flash 5 to Flash 4. Have you actually tried it? When freedom is outlawed only outlaws will be free.

import comand doesnt allow *.fla files 2 be imported, only such as swf, emf, eps & stuff like that..
it really suxx when u cant save anything in the lower version of same programm.. :-( regards, vic

Not sure if you have already come to this decision but, you can "publish" your movie to a lower version but you can't "save" the work file (.fla) as a lower version. I have never tried opening a flash 5 .fla into flash 4 as I don't have F4 anymore but if you did (and could(?)) you would lose a lot of your FX and ActionScript. roda B-)

Learning is like rowing against the current. As soon as you stop, you start going backwards.

ok, got it, thunx roda (i'm still shure that that suxx) regards, vic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back