Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash5 buttons in Dreamweaver4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agon

Technical User
Jan 29, 2002
US
In dreamweaver 4 I have a set of two frames. One at the top and on at the bottom the middle part of the page is were I am putting the buttons.

I made a button in flash 5; nothing special just a simple button. I exported it from Flash inot and swt. I then copied the swt file into the flash folder where the other swt files are located (just like Macromedia's website said). When I add the button to the middle part of the page I fill in the website and set target frame. Then I save the webpage and open it. The flash buttons animates correctly but when you click it the website does not show up in the target frame.

Now, if I delete the button I made and insert a button that came with Dreamweaver also setting the website and target just like I did above and then opening the webpage, it works just fine.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong. Is there some actions I have to set in Flash or settings I have to change in Dreamweaver.

Thanks,
Agon

Are you using a relative link ie. /index.html or the full address ie. I find that flash doesn't always deal well with relative links. Try using the full address or if you don't want to do this try putting the button in the exact same folder as the page your putting it on to make sure the link is relative to the same position in the site. The only other thing I can think of at the moment is to set the link within actionscript in flash when you make the button using the get url function. Hope this helps, let me know if it doesn't something else may come to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back