Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash Thumbnail Gallery Follows Mouse Direction

Status
Not open for further replies.

spriggan2005

Programmer
Jan 17, 2005
AU
Hi. Hope someone out there can help me out.

I'm looking for the codes for an animated image scroller that displays an unlimited number of images in a horizontal strip for photo galleries, scrolling them at a chosen speed.

Also I want the options to allow the scroll direction and/or speed to change according to mouse movement, and scrolling can be paused if the user moves into the center of the strip.

And have every image to link to a URL when clicked.

Here's the example I'm referring to -

I know it is being done through Flash with ActionScript. I have the image gallery ready to go but I wasn't sure what to do step-by-step. I believe this also involves JavaScript.

Is there any tutorials that will teach me to do that. I think it is a type of applet but most sites that you download are free but you have to pay for their software if I want to use it commercially for a website i.e. register the applet. Surely there must be heaps of codes that match the image scroller effect for free.

Thanks in appreciation!
Spriggan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back