Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash Text Checksum Test Failed on an Avaya Compact Codular Cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdaley1980

Technical User
Oct 19, 2010
US
We have an Avaya Compact Modular Cabinet with a TN2402 processor at a site. We took a power hit last week and now it seems like its on a constant reboot. It says "Invoking Emergency Transfer" passes all the test except Flash Text Checksum Test which it fails. It goes thru this about 10 times then to a "SPE_DOWN->" prompt. When I type display alarm, all it shows is that SPE is Down. I thought it might be the PC card but I used a different on with same results. We are using a TN2402 Processor card. We've ordered a new Processor card just to see if that's the problem and because we found out we didn't have a spare. Any ideas? Thanks

tn2404 processor is flashed with a Definity / CM software load. Make sure the replacement is the same software version.
Do you know what software version it had on it?

Load must be same or higher than what your flash card was last saved on. If this is g3csiv9, you don't want to replace
it with a higher version that requires a license. If it is g3csiv10, you need a v10 load so that you do not have a license
error on boot and load of the translations card. If it is g3csiv11, g3csiv12, g3csiv13, you need to match with the same
generic load so translations load and you do not have software corruption of your translations and you have a valid license.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"
Avaya. Too little or no help? Expensive?
For FAST switch support at bargain rates, give bsh a call.

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back