Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

flash site structure (sub-domains vs sub-directoies)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gomango

Technical User
Sep 12, 2005
US
It's time to build out my site which will be over 1000 pages. First I must answer some ? about search engines and site structure.

If sub-domains are used how can I share my flash files which make up the site basics like logo, background, buttons, ect...? Remember that each sub-domain is really a seperate site and file directory.

Sub-domains rank higher on search engines, right? Since you can have a site name with an extra keyword in the domain.

Using sub-directories would be my next choice but what do I know. Sub-directories using index.html in each sub-directories makes for cool addreses but what about the fact you are losing a chance to get your file name out to the search engines? Or does the sub-directory or folder become your file name as far as the search engines or Google are concerned?

I hope someone has thought all this thru, hey what about you! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back