Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash Site Architecture

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalar

Programmer
Sep 19, 2004
GB
Hey guys,

Been a long time xhtml/css developer, and now want to develop my flash skills a little futher.

I want to revamp one of my older sites into a flash site. The thing is, there are around 30 xhtml pages... So the problem is, I need to find a way of ensuring that the SWF file isnt going to load the whole file in one go because that would be huge...

To get a better idea of where im coming from, take a look at the PSP web site at ... now click through some links and you will notice that when you go a different page there is a loading icon... which is loading the relevant part of the flash document...

This works well, because you only download what you need. My question is, is this using seperate scenes or SWF files which are linked? And what is the best way to layout your site, if you have as many pages as I do, use multiple scenes or create individual FLAs for different sections

comments are welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back