Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

flash roll over effects in html

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucidtech

IS-IT--Management
Jan 17, 2005
US
I have built a small flash application that resides on an html page available to the public, and basically it changes the text that is displayed in the SWF when the mouse is rolled over the flash object.. simply roll over effect. The problem is I'm having to click the SWF before the roll over effect works. If I have two or three, I have to click each one, and as long as I remain on the page they continue to work.. but once I refresh I must got and click them all again.

How can I get this to work without have to click?

If you scroll down the page, on the right side is a reputation section. I'm using Firefox, and when I first scroll over each of the bars nothing changes... but when I click the bar, the roll over effect works.. showing something like "217/500". The same thing goes for the gray box displaying items at the top of the screen.... each item's picture has roll over effects that sometimes work when the page first loads, and other times you have to click the swf to give it focus first.

They all work for me every time - Firefox on OS X.

However, may be this is due to the fact that there are too many Flash objects on one page, and/or their wmode is set to transparent - just a guess.

Kenneth Kawamoto

I'm running Firefox v2.0.0.14 on XP Pro.

I know it's not due to the number of Flash objects on the screen because I added the small bars recently.. before then it was just the one grey box and I had the same issue.

I appreciate you taking a look at it though.

Setting the wmode to window does work, but then the background isn't transparent.. which is more important to me than the fixing the focus problem at this point.

Thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back