Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash Preview in IE 5.2 problem - help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

alan8657

Technical User
Aug 6, 2007
GB
I have an emac 1ghz powerpc g4 osx 10.4.9, safari and IE 5.2 and dreamweaver 8. IE 5.2 does not support the dreamweaver flash plugin so I can not preview my flash buttons. Suggestions please? Can I tell dreamweaver to preview in safari? do I need another browser?

thanks for your help!

Stop using IE5 on Mac! It is discontinued. Microsoft gave up on it. Why are you still using it? Do you know something Microsoft does not? [bigsmile]

I appreciate your answer. I normally always use safari, and as an occasional dreamweaver user, by default it previews in IE. I have just found how to change to preview in safari but my flash buttons still don't show properly. My website is
What would you suggest is the best method to preview in dreamweaver for me?

thanks!

Is this just with your creations or does it have problems with Flash elements on other sites? Some browsers block active content (SWF, javascript, etc) that is called locally as a security measure - - but I do not recall Safari doing this.

I peeked at your site and saw a few URLs with spaces in the names. Maybe the spaces in your file names may be throwing a wrench in the works.

Consider also Firefox and Opera as other test browsers to preview.

Is this just with your creations or does it have problems with Flash elements on other sites? Some browsers block active content (SWF, javascript, etc) that is called locally as a security measure - - but I do not recall Safari doing this.

The problem is really just with my creation - If I go online in safari the website buttons view fine but previewing in dreamweaver, in safari, the buttons show on the first page, eg portraits, but then clicking a button to go to another page and they don't show. I have flashviewer 9. Am I missing something silly?

thanks for your help!!

Um - could this be due to the path to the buttons? If you can see them live but not in a preview?

Fee

The question should be [red]Is it worth trying to do?[/red] not [blue] Can it be done?[/blue]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back