Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

flash player permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeT

IS-IT--Management
Feb 1, 2001
US
If I install the flash player and Shockwave as the computer's local administrator, it works fine. However, if I log in as a member of the Power Users group on that same pc, only Shockwave works. I am prompted to install the ActiveX control for the flash player, which always fails. I have seen this happen on more than one pc. I am using WinXP SP2.

It seems the only way the flash player will work is if the user is a member of the Administrators group, and I know that can't be right.

Has anyone else experienced this?

We're, too, having the same problem on Win 2000 Pro PCs.

The flash player, not the plugin for IE, needs to be installed individually on all users.

The plugin is cross-platform, but the player, if installed incorrectly (as in "only this person" and not "all users")will not be seen by other user groups.

You could, If this is a bigger problem, give all / Guest user rights to the folder itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back