Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash of unstyled content (FOUC) problem and missing css files

Status
Not open for further replies.

dome11

Technical User
Aug 3, 2007
US
Hi!

I am helping a friend out with his website. I am more of a creative designer than a programmer, and an absolute CSS novice myself (but my friend is even worse...). The site is based on frames and some flash files. I know that's not great, but that's how he wants it....

The site is
You can see that I have the problem of white flashes while the pages are loading. In FF it's fine, but in Safari and sometimes in IE it is really bad.

In a Dreamweaver forum they told me that:
"Could it have something all those links to missing CSS files?
HTTP/1.x 404 Not Found
/styles.css
/linkstyles.css
/gallery/women/linkstyles.css
/gallery/men/linkstyles.css
I did not explore much of the site, so there may be more."

I can totally understand what the problem is, but my skills are way to sparse in order to fix it.

How can I put the .css filesinto the code? I have no idea.

I know it's a lot to ask for someone to guide my hand, especially since I need a lot of help. But maybe there is a nice person out there that feels gnerous and patient this morning?

Thank you so much in advance!

Dome11

If your page looks the way you want it to look and these are really links to missing css files, then you can just remove them from the code (usually they will be in the head of the html document under <link> tags. If you cannot find them there, then look for @import statement within CSS files.

If these files are actually linked and important for your page, then you would have to explain better how these files are missing.

[small]Do something about world cancer today: Comprehensive cancer control information at PACT[/small]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back