Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

austindesigner

Technical User
Jun 29, 2005
US
Hi folks -

I am a Flash newbie, and I just have a few questions... One, is Flash as hard to learn as it seems? It looks like a BEAST, and I have only successfully managed to create a few simple animations...

Two, if I am wishing to develop websites using Flash, I have to learn ActionScripting, right? And I'm assuming this isn't a nominal feat, either...?

Finally, is it beyond expectation to learn this beast on my own?

Hey,

Flash is hard to learn as you make it - it depends what you are trying to acheive. I started with a few simple animations myself. That is probably where everyone starts. Once you get into ActionScripting, your world changes. It is a lot of fun once you start figuring things out and seeing results. It provides a good sense of accomplishment.

Some people can do crazy things with ActionScript that make my head swim. But you have to learn to walk before you can learn to run.

If you are looking at building your first full Flash site, check out this tutorial
Ask questions, experiment, read tutorials. The learning never stops, and everyone has to start somewhere, so don't be intimidated by it.

frozenpeas
--
Micfo.com Affiliate Program

Hi,
I'm also learning Flash too. I am also starting with some simple animations and soon hope to make a virtual tour in flash!

While searching google for flash tutorials, I found this good action script website at:

It depends if you had previous programming experience or not. For me Actionscript was the first programming language I learned. So, I'd say it was pretty hard for me. A lot of people start learning Flash and they know what a function or variable is. I didn't so for me it was a bumpy ride. But once you get it, it doen't seem so hard any more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back