Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash newbe

Status
Not open for further replies.

leca07

Technical User
Dec 22, 2001
YU
Since I?ve been using Flash 5 for a very short time I?m sure that my question is pretty basic but I do have to ask. I created 4 animations which I turned into movie clips. Actually each of them is a sort of transformation of previous one, because I?m trying to make an animation of a ball which appears 4 times and each time stops at a different point. I loaded these clips on one layer but each one at a different frame. When I tested the movie nothing happened, the ball was standing still at the top. Then I tried loading each clip in a different scene but only the last scene appeared. I?m sure it has to do something with ActionScripting but I know very little of its functions (I tried something with goto and play, but nothing worked). So if anyone has the idea of what I?m doing wrong I?d be glad to hear it. Thanx.

need to see your actual file to figure out what you need to do.
Visual1

I?ll try to be more precise of what I?m trying to make. I want each of the 4 balls coming from the back, spinning in the middle of the stage and then taking its place at the left. At the end they suppose to be in a column. When the first one takes its position it has to remain there while the other one is moving upfront, spinning and so on...I hope this clears things a bit....

But we still can't see why it won't do that, why the movie clip/s won't play. Need to see the .fla for that.

But, looking at your post again, try this:

:)I Make sure each clip has a stop action in the first frame.

:)I name your movie clips, each with an unique name like ball1, ball2 etc.

:)I Create a new layer and name it actions

:)I On each frame you want a ball clip to play put this code on the actions layer:

clipname.play ();

This will start the animation.

If this does not work try:

clipname.gotoAndPlay (2);

funkymonk2.jpg

rod@sameplanet.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back