Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash Navigation: Link Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

nowherecreative

Technical User
Apr 9, 2008
US
I've created a drop down navigation bar to use on my company's web site. The rest of the site was built in dreamweaver, with the exception of our Flash photo slide shows.

The issue we've encountered is when an html page is inside a directory. For example (jazz/index.html)
Once inside that page, the Flash navigation thinks all of the other links are going to be in that directory, which they aren't! All of the other links have no directory, they are just simply index.html, shops.html, contact.html ... and so forth. The action script I used for the buttons are as follows:

on (release) {
getURL("employment.html");
}

That works just fine until you click on a button with this code:

on (release) {
getURL("jazz/index.html");
}

I also heard that I needed to structure the link like so: "/index.html" so it will call up the root folder. That didn't work either.

I don't know too much about action script, I'm more of a graphics person. Is there a specific code I should be using to avoid getting all the navigation stuck in a directory?

I hope this makes sense! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back