Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FLASH MX (text)symbol fade with alpha transp

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramsonne

Programmer
Mar 12, 2008
US
Let me preface by saying I have JUST started teaching myself flash with a book tutorial.

I have created graphics in FLASH MX, each on their own layer. Ive then converted each graphic to a graphic symbol. I then have each symbol fading in or out over time using Tweening from 0% to 100% alpha transparency. Everything works great in the FLASH preview. However in my browser(s), text that i have converted to symbols will not fade at all. Any ideas on why and how to achieve this fade out effect with text?

I also have this same text symbol following a Guide Path in a circular motion, Oriented to its Path. Again, it works great in the FLASH preview but in my browser the text symbol simply dissapears when it begins following the motion path. Any fixes would be much appreciated.

When manipulated (faded, rotated, tweened, etc...) the textfield should be a static textfield where the font is automatically embedded...

If you happen to be using a dynamic textfield, then the default on those is that the font is not automatically embedded and you need to manually embed it to work...
Select the textfield, and hit the Embed tab in the textfield's properties, select Basic Latin and click OK...

It should then normally work...

Regards. FLASH HELP - OPENED FOR BUSINESS!
TO GET YOUR OWN FREE WEBSITE HOSTING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back