Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

flash MX on release/gotoAndplay scene ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sistamulan

Technical User
Dec 21, 2001
MO
this is a very simple task and i just can't seem to get it right.

i have made some buttons, and want them to go to other scene on release. some work and some don't, some needs only single click and some need double click after being published. what have i done wrong? here's how i did them:
1. add a keyframe on frame 1 a new layer,
2. drag the button to the workspace,
3. label the button
4. in action panel choose
on (release) {
buttoninstantname.onRelease = function() {
gotoAndPlay("scene", 1);
};
}
i am a total idiot to actionscript therefore still using normal mode for actionscripting.
some of the buttons just work fine, but some don't.
i also noticed that in button mode there are a lot of actionscripts being disable.

also, i've uploading the html on my server, but some people can view it and some don't, i tried it and only IE can view it. other people using macintosh totally cannot open it. is there anything within i'm missing?

thanks so much for your time with this amateur.

peace,
mulan

The scenes problem could be to do with paths - if your button is in a movieclip (and therefore not directly on the _root level) then you need _root.gotoAndPlay(whatever). Slainte

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back