Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash movie not loading in firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuaveRick

Programmer
Apr 12, 2004
CA
Hey there,
I'm just learning flash and have some little animations for my site. In IE they work fine, in Firefox they don't even load. I did some reading and they talked about maybe I'm missing the embed tag or the parm tag but they are both in there... anyone run accross this?

Here is my code (basically just copied and pasted from the published HTML from flash):
<html>
<body>
<table align="right" background="display_left.jpg" width=19 border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" height="100%"><tr><td></td></tr></table>
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase=" width="100%" height="100%" id="left_menu" align="left">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain">
<param name="movie" value="left_menu.swf">
<param name="quality" value="high">
<param name="salign" value="lt">
<param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff">
<embed src="left_menu.swf" quality="high" salign="lt" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="100%" height="100%" name="left_menu" align="left" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="</object>
</body>
</html>

Thanks!

did you remember to download the firefox plugin for flash

yah, turns out it was the way firefox displays the table. It put the flash image below the table instead of beside it like IE.

Thanks for the read though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back