Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash Loading

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArizonaRedneck

Programmer
Oct 25, 2004
US
I just made my first flash site. I'm having some troubles with the loading of pages. Basically, The page background is black but while you wait for the flash to load, there is a white rectangle there. also, I was wondering if there is a way to make it load faster. I am using mx 2004 and I did the save and compress thing already. If you want to see exactly what I'm talking about... check it out at Granted it still needs a little work, but I'm mainly concerned with the loading issues right now. Any help is appreciated.

-
"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less." Robert E. Lee

but there are a bunch of different movies. Would I need a different preloader for each or is it possible to have one preloader that works for all of the files? That would look a little weird to have like 6 preloaders going on. Thanks for your advice.

-
"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less." Robert E. Lee

Well, I guess it comes down to what you want more - white areas, or preloaders.

Those smaller ones will probably load so quickly that you won't even see the preloader.

frozenpeas
--
Micfo.com Affiliate Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back