Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash Lite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutalis

Technical User
Jan 15, 2007
CA
I've got a bunch of Flashtalk voicemails that have been taken as trades during upgrades. Typically I test and then default these units, getting them ready to reinstall elsewhere. Two of these units have suddenly reverted to Flash Lite (no AA, no CCR). I'm wondering if there's a threshhold on these units that erases key codes after so many re-installs. Anyone have this happen to them?

I believe it only takes one reinstall to wipe the key code if I recall.

However the hardware still thinks it's a light no matter what software you install now.
if so the do a reinstall, when states "resetting" pull the power and swap software.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Thanx for the response curlycord. I don't think the keycode in a Flash is wiped out with the first re-install; some of these units I have here have been re-instralled several times with no problem until now. Any other thoughts?

Well it sort of makes sense since key codes goes into CP box and KSU etc too however we did get calls that they reinstalled and lost the codes, same with ACD on Flash.

Maybe a CAP issue....when you powered up was it already defaulted?.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

What I do is similar to what curlycord suggested. I do a REINSTALL with the Lite software, pull the power when the display says "resetting", put in an old V1.7 software card, and power back up. This always kills the Lite keycode and I can then go to V2.1.

Brian Cox
Oregon Phone

The lite keycode is loaded by a lite version software card. Once loaded it remains in nvram. Even if you upgrade to a non-lite software version the keycode remains.

What I do is drain the cap inside and then install a 1.44 I keep around just for this purpose. However, you can use any software that is pre having to use F903 (1.9 or higher which is when the lite version was introduced) during the install process. This will erase the stored lite keycode.

Once it's up. Re-install with any version of software (except lite or you'll have to do it again).

Marv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back