Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash HTML object tag commented out in IE6

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmarckus

Programmer
Nov 8, 2003
GB
For no apparent reason, one of my Win2000 machines has stopped playing any flash content in the browser window. Inspection of the source shows that the <OBJECT> tag is being replaced with <!--ECT>. A second Win2000 machine, supposedly identical to the first displays the content with no problem. A third Win2000 machine worked fine and then encountered the problem when Flash was upgraded to version 7. Unfortunately, we can't work out how to repair it. Can anyone throw some light on the situation? Many thanks, Frank.

A little late I'm sure, but I accidentally ran into your question this evening. I experiences something similiar, but it happended while I was developing the web page. Because of this I was able to use client side javascript to write the &quot;<embed>&quot; tags with document.write. I have been told that IE may no longer support <emb> tags after some lawsuit, they (ms) have reportedly been experimenting with alter. Like &quot;Prompt user to allow plugins, etc.&quot;..

IE checks source for <emb> tags BEFORE it renders anything, using the above method, i get IE to &quot;start&quot; to render the page, then encounter the javascript, which does the <emb> writing, works great...

May or may not help you ???

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back