Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

flash/hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmaki

Programmer
Jun 30, 2003
YU
Did anyone make short code for flash or hold on standard telephones?

Why not press the recall button this will place the call on hold?

HOLD CALL this uses the Q.931 Hold facility, and "holds" the incoming call at the ISDN exchange, freeing up the ISDN B channel. The Hold Call feature "holds" the current call to a slot. The current call is always automatically placed into slot 0 if it has not been placed in a specified slot. Only available if supported by the ISDN exchange. See also Retrieve Call .
Telephone Number: Exchange hold slot number or blank (slot 0).
Digital Telephony: Advanced | Hold | Hold Call.

Label: Hold.

[lightsaber]

I tried to program a short code with Hold Call feature, but I couldn't put current call on hold during the call.It wouldn't work.

There is a shortcode feature "HookFlash" in 1.4. Added to help support accessign Centrex features.

Unfortunately to enter a ShortCode on a standard analogue (POTs) phone you need to get the IP Office's attention - this is done by generating a Flash hook signal.

If you cannot generate a flash-hook signal from your phone then I am afraid you are in a catch22 situation.

Has your analogue phone got a TimeBreak/Earth recall option switch?

If so have you tried out both options? I think the IP Office POTs extensions only support TimeBreakRecall - but I may be wrong.

If you have tried both Recall mechanisms and you are still unable to get flash hook to work then the only other thing I can suggest is that you adjust the Flash-hook Pulse Width option, uner Extension/Extn. If you can get a hold of your phone's actual flash hook properties from the supplier or manufacturer then try these first.

Good luck

Mar sin leat

endpoint
(when you get here there's no where else to go!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back