Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash help needed pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibra82

IS-IT--Management
Oct 3, 2005
DE
I have an animated picture done on Flash 8.0, what i need to do is the following:
1) when the mouse comes over the picture, the mouse CURSOR should be turned into a Hand as a hyperlink, so when we click on the picture it would take us to a site such as
If some1 could Send me the step and buttons i should follow in flash 8, so i could solve my prob.
"Make the picture into a movieclip and give it an instance name" how do i do that?? (pls write me the steps, buttons , that i should click in Flash, in order to do the following"

thanks

1) Click on the picture
2) Go to Modify -> Convert to symbol (or press F8)
3) Make sure Moveclip is selected and give it a name. This is the name which the movieclip will have in your library (different to the instance name i spoke about in the other thread)
4) Click on the picture (which is now actually a movieclip). In the 'Properties' panel, there will be a field which says <Instance Name>. Enter an instance name here - it can be anything you want but generally its a good idea to stick to a naming convention i.e. if its a movieclip, add "_mc" to the end or "mc_" to the beginning etc (so as in my example, "picture_mc"). The instance name is what you refer to when coding.
5) On the main timeline (where you have your frames) add a layer and rename it to 'Actions' (there should be a little button under the layer names which will add it).
6) Click on the frame number which corresponds to the frame number your picture is on but remain on the actions layer, i.e. if the picture is on 'Layer 1' frame 5, click on 'Actions' frame 5. Expand the Actions panel and paste the following into it:

_root.picture_mc.onRelease = function(){
getURL("};

BTW, in future it'd be better to reply in the original thread than start a new one - keeps things tidy.

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back