Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

triquad

Programmer
Feb 5, 2009
EG
I'm developing an online simple flash trivia game. I have finished the main features of the game & actually I can publish it online but I wanna add some more features to make it better & different. First, I will tell you more about how the trivia works currently & then what I wanna add.

The trivia starts with a screen asking the user to click Play to start playing. Once the user clicks "PLAY" the trivia starts asking the user a question & expecting an answer in a given time. After the time ends, it displays the correct answer plus the score of the user. Then the user clicks Next Button for the next question. At the end of the questions, it displays the final score of the user.

What I want to add:
1. A function that asks the user to register or login before he/she can play. If he/she clicks register ..it takes him/her to the normal php form to register ...if login ..then they can login on the next screen without getting redirected to the php login page.

2. To allow the users to play in a multiplayer mode...where they can play the same trivia together & gets ranked at the end of it.

3. To save their final scores in the mysql database & they can be able to check their ranking by calling their total scores from the database.

4. A simple chat room that the users can use to chat while playing.

I think that's enough for now. The point is that this trivia game is not the main project I'm working on. Just a free promotional thing. I'm a very beginner regarding Actionscript & I don't want to waste much time on learning it as I prefer to spend that time on developing my PHP/JS skills. Now I want some simple tutorials or examples of what I wanna add to the trivia & your opinions experts on how can I develop that trivia as fast as I can.

The principal for Flash/PHP/SQL integration is the same as you are doing it from HTML: you send queries to PHP from Flash and display the result on Flash.

Multiplayer game is somewhat different though. You need a multiuser server for start.

Kenneth Kawamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back