Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash Feedback Forms & Cyrillic Fonts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elphinstone

Technical User
Jul 25, 2007
ZA
I'm busy working on a Flash site that is split into two sections, English and Bulgarian.

I've managed to get a contact form to work fine in Englsh, using PHP but when I want the form to work for Bulgarian users, I get ??????? in the input fields instead of the Cyrillic characters. The Bulgarian displays fine in the labels and buttons though.

How do I get this to accept the Bulgarian text and then send it in Bulgarian?

try adding

system.useCodepage = true;

in frame 1 of main movie

Thanks for the reply.

I tried it and that seemed to sort out the displaying of the Bulgarian in Flash but when I send a test mail I still gat a string of ???s. I had a thought that perhaps it may not be Flash but rather the format in which I am sending the mail (charset).

If this is the case, what format should I be sending it in. My PHP Script is as follows (Please let me know if I should rather post this in the PHP forum):

<?PHP
session_start();

$name = $_GET['name'];
$email = $_GET['email'];
$message = $_GET['message'];
$to = 'box1@testmail.internal.za';
$subject = 'Message Received from Site';

$headers = "From: ".$name." <".$email.">\r\n";
$headers.= "Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 ";
$headers .= "MIME-Version: 1.0 ";

mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);
?>