Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash executable file for intro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leover

Technical User
Jan 15, 2004
AU
Hello,

I was wandering if its possible to add a flash.exe file to an access form so that it can be used for the intro?

If so does anyone kno how to do it??

Cheers

Leover

Try this...

Create a command button that will launch the exe.
In the On Click event of the button enter the following code.

'''''''''

Dim stAppName As String

stAppName = "Filepathlocationoffile"
Call Shell(stAppName, 1)

'''''''''

Filepathlocationoffile would be like C:\MyDocuments\Myprogram.exe
Make sure to wrap in quotes

hope this helps you.

I think what leo wants is a flash animation on his form just like when you go to some web sites.
You have to embed the shockwave flash object onto your form. click on the hammer & spanner icon on your toolbar & scroll down till you find it (assuming it's installed on your pc) then drag it onto your form. Double clicking it will let you set the options for the swf file etc.
I've not tested it, as I don't have a swf file handy, so let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Ben

----------------------------------------------
Ben O'Hara "Where are all the stupid people from...
...And how'd they get so dumb?"
rockband.gif
NoFX-The Decline
----------------------------------------------

Cool. Then in the Tools - Startup menu choose the form you want to load when the application opens. In the On Load procedure of this form enter the following code:

'''''''''

Dim stAppName As String

stAppName = "Filepathlocationoffile"
Call Shell(stAppName, 1)

'''''''''

Filepathlocationoffile would be like C:\MyDocuments\Myflashprogram.exe
Make sure to wrap in quotes

Hope this helps you.

Mate that's awesome. Just tried it out and it works, The *.exe file actually pops up out of the form, I was hoping it would kinda stay on the form in the Shockwave Flash Object box I dragged from the tool box.

But anyways it looks awesome, this will be cool for the first 10 times anytime after that the people are gonna wanna throw it to Alice Springs

Thanks for your help.

If anyone knows how to keep it on the form let me know.

Cheers

Leover-

You'll need to make sure all users have the correct references set, or else you'll have problems. I ditched my plans to use flash on a form because of this. Also, I found the flash object ran differently on different machines (slow on some, although the machines were comparable). For what it's worth...

Jay

Thanks Jay, I think I might dip the whole thing, it looks cool for the first 10 timesthen it just gets boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back