Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

flash (exe) on web

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
TerSS
Hello, I would really appreciate if you could tell me how to place a flash file in .exe format on my website? I tried by EMBED but that's not working. So is it possible and how?

Thank you,
TerSS

Well, it depends. You can post an exe on the web and people can download it, but it will only download the exe. You can't have an exe just start running, per se. Also, if it's an exe a person on mac platform couldn't view your web page. Browsers don't play exes because then you (or I or them)could easily load viruses onto thousands of computers without the user even knowing it. Personally, I would never download an exe if I didn't know what it was.

I hope this answers your question.

Blended

Why would you want to put an EXE on there anyhow?...why not just embed your flash file as a flash file?...in other words....WHATS you purpose? Regards,
Anth:cool:ny
----------------------------------------
"You say [red]insanity[/red] like it's a BAD THING!"
"Dont yell at me if I'm wrong!...I'm at least trying to help!"

Hi,
You can automatically launch an exe from a web page, you just do it with Active-X. The only limitation is the users set-up of the browser ie. the user can disable active-x etc.

From Big Dave

If your worried about people looking at your source code, they can't unless you post the .fla up there. You should also protect it when you publish your .swf within flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back