Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash Drive Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMWCSD

IS-IT--Management
May 4, 2004
US
Hi, some of my users have been having problems with their flash drives. They generally work fine, but frequently will not be recognized. Sometime I can use the command prompt to access the drive, but windows refuses to recognize it. This has happened on a variety of drive types. Has anyone experienced this type of problem? Thanks for any assistance.

They generally work very well on their own in win xp, win xp assigns and installs the driver needed and gives the drive a number, which you can change in disk management.

Good advice + great people = tek-tips

You should point out your os.

So everyone have winxp with SP2?

If you do not like my post feel free to point out your opinion or my errors.

You might check disk management for the removable drive. I have had trouble when XP decides to map the Flash to the same letter as a network drive.

If the removable drive doesnt show up in my computer would it still show up in disk management?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back