Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

flash cut???

Status
Not open for further replies.

limejudo

Technical User
Aug 4, 2004
US
Didn't know which forum to post this so, sorry.
I heard a term today call "flash cut" and it was pertaining to networking or building networks.

I heard it from a CCIE. What's a flash cut?

Eric - A+, Net+, INet+ CCNA next week.
Network Admin/Helpdesk II

In my experience with and as a vendor, generally a flash cut refers either to a move in which the systems are considered vital to the business. Generally the equipment is moved quickly as a whole infrastructure. It could also refer to a circuit or carrier change. This is as opposed to a staged cut in where additional equipment may be set up and configured and systems moved more slowly and separately to avoid downtime.

A flash cut is an immediate change from one architecture or system to another without the benefit of any migration period.

Thanks guys, Sorry for the super late responce. I've found out what a flash cut is and it's exactly what you guys said.
thx

Eric - A+, Net+, INet+ CCNA next week.
Network Admin/Helpdesk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back