Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash, cookies, popups, and bears, oh my!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunkadoodledoo

Programmer
Oct 29, 2001
US
Okay, if that lovely subject didn't get your attention, I don't know what will. I want to make a flash movie that will be a passthrough page (probably embedded into an HTML page) that will:

1)allow users to input their name, sex, race, hair style, and hair color (maybe using radio buttons or something),
2)have a preview window and make it update when a selection is made (say if one chooses female, a female form appears with generic hair, hair color and skin tone and once one clicks brown hair it updates) and
3)have the finished product (with a nametag) appear on the homepage not only once, but everytime they return to the site. I would think I'd need some JavaScript going on and maybe some cookies...Please help...

Josh

Bets way to do this is probably LoadVariables with some middleware action going on. This way you can act on the data returned from the server to manipulate your movie. Also makes writing cookies a two line affair.

There are server communication tutorials all over the place.

[bb]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back