Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

flash content in PDF distorts when you zoom in using Acrobat Reader or Acrobat Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

loriensleafs

Technical User
Sep 17, 2012
US
I have a PDF I've made with some flash content. I made the flash content also using Indesign, exported it as a swf, re imported it and then exported the whole thing as a PDF. The flash content when activated works fine, but when you zoom in on the PDF several times the flash content gets very very distorted and I'm not sure why this happens, you can view or download the PDF here it's the 3rd page down with the content. Any help I can get with this would be greatly appreciated.

I cannot answer the scaling distortion issue but I would question why you are trying to present a web site concept in something other than a web browser. You are making this more complicated by packaging the SWF in a format that will never be used in the final product.

If your intent was to obfuscate your work to prevent theft by the client, beware that SWF can be easily extracted/saved from PDF. You might as well post the SWF file on your development/test server, without the baggage of PDF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back