Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash capabilities question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatic

Technical User
May 8, 2006
US
First, I have only seen/used other's flash projects, so I don't have any developer-end experience, just a hodge-podge of user experience. Please bear with me if my questions seem to asinine.

Does Flash have the capability:

1) To export a datafile to a HD/portable drive or to an FTP site?

2) For auto-deleting intself (.swf) when a certain trigger has been reached (such as a time limit and/or answer completion)?

Thank you!

3)

Have a problem with my spelling or grammar? Please refer all complaints to my English teacher:
Ralphy "Me fail English? That's unpossible." Wiggum

1. Yes Directly if the flash file is an exe. Through a server side script if its online

2. Many ways. maybe simplest is just to check current date against a pre defined date and if its reached run a function to set all objects to _visible = false

Thanks!

Have a problem with my spelling or grammar? Please refer all complaints to my English teacher:
Ralphy "Me fail English? That's unpossible." Wiggum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back