Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

flash buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

caines

Technical User
Sep 17, 2003
GB
How do you get flash buttons into dreamweaver so they can be programmed to call standard HTML pages? These buttons will also be part of an HTML page and not a full flash site. Cheers!

I'm no flash expert, but one way I'd suggest is that you have part of the flash movie that has an Onlick function that opens a url.

I'm sure the experts will give you a much easier way.

Caines,

It's been a while since I did this....but (and I hope I'm right!)... if you insert your Flash button onto the HTML page then click on the edit button in the properties, there is a 'link' box that you can put the page target in.

cheers luds, I'll try that one. Also, (if you know) how do you get flash buttons into the dreamweaver flash button library? Cos you can 'insert a flash button' and it brings up the library? ;)

Not too sure if you can get your own buttons into the "insert a flash button" library, caines.

But, any flash button that you place on an html page in DW will automatically go to the Flash section in the "Assets" panel, where you can access it whenever you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back