Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash and PC soundcard expert reqired please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jst

Programmer
Aug 1, 2001
GB
All Flash Movies I create with streaming audio playback on my PC (both locally and off-line) with added irritating digital-sounding clicks.. however they sound ABSOLUTELY FINE on my laptop and every other PC and MAC I've ever tested out.

In other words it seems to be some sort of local conflict on my PC.

I've tried looking at the sound card settings but, to be honest, I have no idea what I'm looking for and I'm scared of making any adjustments.

Does anyone have any ideas about what could be causing the problem and how I resolve it..?

(I'm posting this seperately on the Windows 98 forum too)

First give your hardware specs. without specs you cannot work.

I self had problems with my old Creative Labs PCI128.
And I found out it was not Full Duplex.

Specs please, then I can think.
;-) if you have tips or comments send them to me

in the mean time check out
Dutch users: English users:

My PC has 64MB of RAM, Windows 98 1st edition.
I have a Creative Labs AudioPCI 64V Mixer.

I tried a tip from the Windows 98 forum with some pretty weird results: Hope this info helps....

I double clicked on the loudspeaker icon to bring up Volume Control.. then selected Options/Properties/Recording Control...

Now.. when I start playing a flash movie with those digital clicks... the clicks stop IF I select Options/Properties and then OK from "Recording Control" while it's playing. (But not if Volume Control is set to "Playback" - bizarre!)
Trouble is with every new play of a different flash movie I'm afraid the clicks return.

Suggests there's some instability in there somewhere... but I really don't know what I'm talking about...

Any more ideas..?

Actually, it's simpler and even more curious:

If, while I'm playing a flash movie with those digital clicks I simply RIGHT-hand click on the loudspeaker icon in the lower status bar... then it clears those audio clicks immediately.

But, again, they return on opening the next movie.

Hope this helps!

Hey first a tip: do you have the correct drivers??
check this link

the knowledge base of creative labs can help you solve the problem. Contact them using the correct procedure (
Perhaps they can help you solve the problem.

Then think of contacting Macromedia( if they are familiar with this problem. At the end if nothing works then contact Microsoft( You never know what they did to the drivers.

goodluck

;-) if you have tips or comments send them to me

in the mean time check out
Dutch users: English users:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back