Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash and Citrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viscereal

MIS
May 3, 2001
US
Hey all:

This one is buggin me to no end.

I am trying to install flash on a Citrix farm, but it WILL NOT work for the users.

I, as the admin, can get the flash to work on the local server; however, when I, as the admin, log on as a citrix client, it doesn't work at all. When the standard users connect, they get nothing as well.

Freaky you say?? I am beyond explanation here. Shockwave is running just fine, but flash is not.

I hope that someone out there has a suggestion, because this is killin my brain cells.

Vis

Well, I'm not sure if this will help you or not, but, this is what I would do.

1. Remove / Uninstall Flash from the server.
2. Logon to Citrix as admin
3. Go to a cmd prompt and do a change user / install
4. Go to Macromedia's site and do the install.
5. Once completed go to the cmd prompt window and do
the change user /execute commmand
6. Thats it.

I actually just recently (within a week or so) installed flash using steps 2-6. The only difference for me was that I didn't have Flash installed. It should work.

Set up a test user as power-user and see if that works. If not, more then likely a registry security issue. Go to sysinternals.com and get the regmon utility. Run this utility and then have a user that doesn't work run the offending app. Then stop the capture and review the output. Look for access denied, then change the permissions appropriately on the key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back