Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash 4 is crashing my pc has anyone else had this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cathl

Technical User
Aug 4, 2000
GB
I am trying to run Flash 4 on Windows NT 4 but it crashes the pc every time I use it. Sometimes it happens whilst loading, sometimes whilst in the middle of making a movie. There is no error message everything just stops and I have to switch the pc off and on again. Have tried installing in VGA mode and installing it on a separate drive. Has anyone else heard of this problem or have any solutions?

Actually I had this problem occur at a very awkward time.&nbsp;&nbsp;What happened was I could open up the particular file, but when I went to copy or cut a bitmap it would lock up.&nbsp;&nbsp;I still don't know what happened, but I managed to reinstall Flash, but never went back to that file, but started it over.&nbsp;&nbsp;After it happened with that particular file it happened with the rest of them, too, for some reason.&nbsp;&nbsp;It suggested allocating for ram for more undos, but I certainly had enough allocated to flash.&nbsp;&nbsp;I suspect it might have had something to do with motion tweening bitmaps (which I hate using in flash, anyway).&nbsp;&nbsp;No one else I talked to had ever had problem, and it wasn't a particularly large file, either.&nbsp;&nbsp;However, I use W 98, not NT, so not so sure about that.&nbsp;&nbsp;Anyhow, I suggest making sure you've got enough system resources dedicated to Flash.<br><br>good luck,<br><br>jonathan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back