Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash 2 / VM Lite upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

misseditbythatmuch

Technical User
Dec 8, 2007
US
I know a keycode can upgrade a Voicemail lite to a regular voicemail. Putting that option aside for the moment ...

I am going to try the method mentioned in various forum threads where you configure the lite version, power down, swap cards to a lower level full feature card, power up, configure, then power down, put in a current level full feature card, power up, configure.

Does anyone with experience with method have any bad outcomes with regard to corrupting software on any of the flash cards ?

Just for closure ...

The method worked fine (I had to add reinstalls at the 1.5 VM and 2.0 VM levels).

All software cards came through without corruption.

A 2.0 VML cabinet is now a 2.0.10 VM cabinet. I also added the expansion card, and it was recognized and the extra time/mail boxes available.

Just out of curiousity did you have to stop at 1.7 and/or 1.9 or you just went straight from 1.5 to 2.0?

I just upgraded one myself by trying to short the cap but that didn't seem to work so I ended up buying the keycode.

It started as a 1.7 VM, then a 2.0 VM LITE card was installed and configured (due to a failure to pay attention to detail). I used a 1.5 VM and a 2.0.10 VM to restore it, works fine as far as we have tested. Used a M8x24 DS cabinet to do the changes. At the end, I added the expansion card, and it was recognized.

Used this method:

detailed entry by VencomRob (Vendor)

Did not short/bleed the capacitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back