Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flare software

Status
Not open for further replies.

newBPhoneGuy

Technical User
Dec 12, 2005
US
Hello everyone,
Is there any way o get a flare recovery file and a flare install file, not the upgrade. i want to take 5 disks and install the flare from scratch how is this possible?

Thanks for the help

If you can find out I would like to know. This is something that EMC hold's close to their hart. Unless your a partner I't ain't gonna happen. :)

Do you have a set of working disks right now?

The easy way to do it is to fire up a working system and then pull one system disk.
Then put your fresh disk in that spot and wait for the rebuild to complete.
When complete, do this with disk next disk in line.

Be sure to label the position of each disk.
e.g. disk 0, disk 1, disk2, etc.

When you are done, you will have a working "clone set".

I hope this helps.

yeah i know that you can also ghost them then change the wwid but i want the software i can actually install but it doesnt look like thats going to happen.
thanks for the info

As "Dmandell" had mentioned the only way to recover a flare software file is to once the system is fired up CX200-CX700 you replace disk 4 with a new disk S/B same rpm and after 15 or so min. replace disk 3 and so on through disk 0 this is the only way. Unless as mentioned in earlier blogs you are a EMC partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back