Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flare server unreachable

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybrian

IS-IT--Management
Sep 11, 2007
GB
Hi! I just upgraded to 8.1 on both my One-x portal and my IPO 500 v2.

I wanted to test out the new FLARE application, but im having the issue that regardsless if i put in the ip address of my IPO or my One-x portal server, it just keeps saying SERVER UNREACHABLE.
I cant seem to find a guide in what to configure, so maybe someone here can help?

the application can of course reach both the IPO and the One-X portal server by IP, but i havent setup anything other than enabling FLARE for one user in the IPO. Theres nothing in the help file, nothing in the FLARE documentation! :(

Please help me ;)

Server address is the IP of the IPO, port 5060, domain is also the IP of the IPO. Transport type TCP. Presence server address is the IP of the OXP server. At least that's how it works on mine.

Prepare to be amazed once you embark on the Flare Experience, AKA analog phone with a GUI.

you shouldn't put the presense server into Flare. The IPO should tell it where it is. That setting is for Aura (Or so I was told at Trial). Just leave it blank

Jamie Green

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Still just get Server Unreachable. But server is pingable and the flare and ipo is in the same site! Is there nothing required on the ipo besides an upgrade to 8.1?

Flare needs a power user or office worker license or the new softphone license.
Code:
Flare Communicator for IP Office

Release 8.1 support the use of Flare Communicator for IP Office on devices such at the iPad to make and receive calls. The option to use Flare Communicator for IP Office can be licensed for individual users by a specific license or as part of the user's licensed profile (supported for Office Worker and Power User). Flare Communicator for IP Office is currently not supported on IP Office Server Edition systems.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

i am having the same issue. i have flare working in my office but getting server unreachable when i tried to install it for a customer.

I'm having the same issue, but I think is because the lack of Essential Edition, according to the Flare installation doc.

Supported IP Office platforms
Flare Communicator is supported on the following IP Office systems:
• IP Office Essential Edition systems (IP500v2 only)
• IP Office Server Edition systems

There is a bug if you have changed port 8080 on the 1XP, wait for Q4_2012 or reinstall and don't change the 8080 port.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

@RogerTurboFederer ,

Flare uses One-X Portal as the Presence Server...

I'm using this and getting the "Server Unreachable" error.

Server IP Address: The IP address of the IP Office system.
Server Port: The port number of the IP Office system. The Flare Communicator client uses port 5060 as
the default setting for TCP.
Transport Type: The transport method used for connection to the IP Office system. Select TCP. TLS is not
supported.
Domain: The IP address of your IP Office system.
Presence Server IP Address: This field does not apply when Flare Communicator connects to an IP Office
system. Leave this field blank.

Here you go.
IPOFFICE-30690 | Avaya Flare not working correctly if the 1XP server port 8080 is changed | 8.1.43 | 8.1 SP 4Q12

Avaya_Red.gif

@RogerTurboFederer: Did you try the flare for windows?

Avaya_Red.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back