Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flapping Interface 3550 with 1000Base LX/LH

Status
Not open for further replies.

andgu

Technical User
May 2, 2003
NO
I had a customer which have two 3550 in building A and two 3550 in building G. From A to G they are connected with 1000 Base LH/LH. From all those 3550 they have about sixteen 2950 connected with 1000BaseT or 1000Base SX. The hole are spilt in two cluster(Cluster A and Cluster G). After upgrading those clusters from 12.1(9)EA1c to 121-13.EA1a the connecting between A and G with 1000 Base LH/LH become flapping interface between 3550 many times each day. During the troubleshooting i notice that the linklight became orange -green-orange-green and so on. The customer have one multimode fiber so I rent them 2 1000Base SX, so the problem are temporary solved. What shall I do to go back to they own LX/LH with singel mode fiber.

I'd give TAC a call, tell them you updated the software and you're having issues with the links going up and down.. Thats awfully weird...

BuckWeet

I had a problem with a 3550-12G similar to what you are experiencing. We went through a time where the gig ports would go up and down for no real aparent reason. It turns out that Spanning-Tree wasn't configured properly. Make sure that you configure STP and pick where you want the Root to be.

PJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back