Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flagging Record Modified

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon6035

Programmer
Oct 18, 2014
US
I have the following IIF statement working in SQL.
ModFlag: IIF(DatePart("ww",[DateModified])=DatePart("ww", Date())-1,IIF(DatePart("ww",[DateModified])=DatePart("ww",Date())-1,-1,0))

I want to make it a VBA procedure so I can call it, by passing a Date to the Function, but I'm missing something simple.

Currently I have this:
Public Function RecModFlag(ModDate as Date)
RecModFlag = IIF(DatePart("ww",ModDate)=DatePart("ww", Date())-1,IIF(DatePart("ww",ModDate)=DatePart("ww",Date())-1,-1,0))

End Function

Trying to troubleshoot, when I do the DatePart on ModDate in the immediate window, I get 52, when put # sign around it, I get the appropriate week number.

End goal, is all of my records have the last time they were modified, and I want to Conditionally Format a box, that will flag if they have been modified, either this week, or the past week.

Thanks in advance for any help or insight.

I would use something like this which takes advantage of DateDiff():

Code:
Public Function RecModFlag(ModDate As Date) As Boolean
    [COLOR=#4E9A06]'return true if the ModDate is either this week or last week[/color]
    RecModFlag = (DateDiff("ww", ModDate, Date) <= 1)
End Function

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Sir,

Thank you for the quick, accurate response, and it is definitely cleaner than my attempt.

Worked first time up.

Semper Perceptum,

jon

jon6035, welcome to Tek Tips :)
It is customary to mark helpful post(s) with a star. To do that, click on [blue]“Like this post – Star It’[/blue] link. It serves two purposes: says ‘Thank you for helpful post’, and let others know this was something that solved your problem or at least was beneficial to know.

Have fun.

---- Andy

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back