Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flagging out outgoing message

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj3221

Technical User
May 14, 2008
US
I have researched this and can't find out what I'm missing. I can add f/u flags to a message I currently have in my email box but I cannot add them to messages I'm creating. I click on the flag in the new email box and can pick a "Flag to:", a "Due by:" but the Flag Color is grayed out. What am I missing?

I'm using Outlook 2007 and I don't see where a choice of a flag color for a recipient would be. What program and version are you using?

--
JP

I am using 2003. I don't think you can do it either.

I would guess that the logic for colors is individually based preferences wholly in the client. The sending of a flag, just sets up the reminder for the recipient, then the recipient colors the flag based on preference priority. You can include an importance marker so that they may put it higher or lower on their list, but it comes down to the end user.

Ken

"cckens is a nick... why the H-E- double-hockey-sticks am I using a nick for a name? Am I afraid of who I am?"
-me
"...don't know why, but I think of chickens when I see that nick...maybe even choking chickens???"
-Tony (wahnula)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back