Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fixing "Out of Memory" error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn9999

Programmer
Jun 19, 2004
US
I'm getting an "out of memory" error when I'm running some of my programs as of late (Delphi 3 still if that matters). What I'm thinking is perhaps because I'm creating and destroying an object/class multiple times, which does that with several TStringLists in turn. I'm not seeing where I'm neglecting to clean up anything in my own code (of course I could be missing something). Is there a good way to fix this from a design standpoint or examples of how to handle things so this "out of memory" thing will never happen?

I remember retro-fixing a copy of FastMM3 (I think) for some reason a long time ago (the answer to your question is "No") which I could use. I'd like to be able to throw a lot of the fixes I've found and done into D3 on a more permanent level, but really don't have that kind of knowledge...

But I managed to rewrite all those processes, including the main class, so I could just work out of a single copy of the object and the messages ended up disappearing. I don't know how it'll react if I throw more data at it than I already have (runs right now are around 3 minutes on about 10000 datapoints, but could go higher), but I'll be sure to find out.

Thanks for reading!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back