Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fixed length in double-byte char ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinLeung

Programmer
Mar 27, 2001
HK
Dear all:

I have a table that contains chinese in some fields. I wanna to export whole table to one field but each must be fixed length, show as below :
[tt]
Existing table :
+-------------+------------------------+
|Customer name+ Address |
|John Chow |123 road district |
|±ç¤s§B |123 ¸úÂøô |

Wanna to output like this :
+--------------------------------------+
|Customer NameAddress |
|John Chow 123 road district |
|±ç¤s§B 123 ¸úÂøô |
[/tt]
I tried to use lenb, leftb, rightb etc ... but seem that also useless , also the length in space and double-byte char not the same length.... Can someone help me ??? thx very very much !!!!

Justin Leung

I'm not sure if you've tried this, but go to File-->Export.
Type a file name and pick the "Save As Type" as "Text Files". Click Save. Then pick the "Fixed Width" option on the next window to pop up and click next. In the next window you can set the fixed width columns by placeing and moving lines.

Thx Monsjic:

Actually I tried failed using this method b4, becoz, the double-bytes characters also count as 1 char length, so that if i exported this to text file, the result will be the chinese records will shorter then that no one in some non-double-byte appz such as handbase for palm.

anyway, thx very for your voice d^_^b !!

Justin Leung

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back