Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fivewin application on XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

fbizzell

Programmer
Jul 3, 2000
I have been running a Fivewin application on Windows 98 for some time now with no problem. I am now trying to run it on XP but it will not run. No error messages. Is there something special I need to load or configure for FiveWin application to work on XP.

Maybe the FILES=??? in CONFIG.NT and SET CLIPPER=F??? is too low and thus blocking the start?

HTH
TonHu

I'm not sure this is the case, but if you have C programs that deal with COM ports or checks the Serial Port, it is different in XP. XP does not allow checking the DSR in a C program.

clip4ever

I have a fivewin program sold to many people and zero problems on XP or Vista. I see nothing in my lnk script that is special to XP. Send a copy of yours and maybe I can figure out the problem, I'm using fw 1.92 (very old but works like charm) Clipper 5.2e and Blinker 7.

Harvey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back